Monday, February 9, 2009

And so it begins...

As the second graders were lining up to head off the lunch room, I hear a soft voice say "Shay -- will you grab my sweater for me? It's hanging on the back of my chair."

Shay said "Ok" and scampered off to retrieve it.

As Shay handed it to her, she softly replied, "Thank you, Shay."

He responded with a silly half grin, "You're welcome." And stepped into line behind her in the spot she was saving for him in line.

As I witnessed this I was thinking....awww, that's so cute! Then I thought about how sweetly Elise had asked, and how nicely Shay had responded and how he had that funny, quirkly look on his face...and then I thought....wait a minute..

Wasn't that Elise's name signed on the bottom of those little pink and red strips of paper that read "XOXOXOXOXO"!!! that I pulled out of Shay's backpack last week?!?!?!?!

Oh lord.

3 comments:

MikeW said...

ha!

Priscilla said...

OMG, I'm not a parent, but that's freaking adorable!!

Maggie said...

Go Shay!