Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Ahhh...that's better

Finally conquered my first early morning Tuesday 14-miler today!

To begin, we had some wonderful tropical weather... 68-70 degrees and HUMID!

I addressed my nutrition problem and made sure I ate well yesterday, although I don't think I drank enough. Went to bed relatively early last night. Woke up this morning feeling good and not TOO tired.

Ate 2 Gu's on the run. I remember last year's marathon training, I had a lot of success having a Gu every 5 miles. Why I haven't been doing that this year? I have no idea. Dumb D.

Thermolytes are your FRIENDS!! Took two every hour. No leg cramps. YAY!

Had a wonderful run group including Sadie and Coeur d'Claire! Claire was getting me all pumped for CdA!

Had a PureSport Recovery drink post run and that kept me feeling great. Although I'm still really, really thirsty....

Now, I just need to make sure I stay on top of my nutrition and hydration for the rest of the day so I can tackle my two-hour core/spin this evening! :)

YAY IRONMAN TRAINING!

1 comment:

Maggie said...

umm...not only did you conquer your first tuesday morning 14 miler, you kicked bootay at spin the same night.
hawt damn!!