Friday, January 2, 2009

How should I Get 'Er Done?

So, I'm wondering as I try to feather together my running buildup plan, the lovely Lydiard program (week 1 on the 70-mile plan..I SO fell off the wagon), with the beginning of my IM training plan.....

I need to cycle AND run tomorrow....40 miles on the bike and a 5 mile run.

I should just brick and get it all over with in one fell swoop, right?

Or should I ride in the morning and run in the afternoon....

What to do? What to do??

Suggestions? Votes?

3 comments:

plain-jane said...

Brick! It's more convenient, and you can shower just once.

MikeW said...

I doubt you fell off so bad that you must return to week 1!!!

Mark said...

What does your coach say?

Specificity says do it as ride then run off the bike.

Logistics/time-management/practicality/safety might say do the run while it's too dark to be out riding on the streets, finish the run at 7:30-8am when it's then light enough to ride.