Monday, January 5, 2009

Did I mention...

HOW EXCITED I AM TO START MY IRONMAN TRAINING!!!!!!

Dude. Seriously.

I'M SO FREAKING EXCITED!! THIS IS GOING TO BE SO MUCH FUN!!!

ok..sorry. but yes, I'm just a little bit pumped up.

Yesterday we had our kick off meeting and we got our training plan for the next 6 months. It was a little daunting looking at the calendar and seeing things like 100 mile bike rides on Saturday followed by 20 mile run on Sunday.

But then I was thinking about how strong I would feel when I'm able to knock that out (and hoping to be able to pull off a nice looking bikini to boot...)

It was interesting to see and hear the different reactions to the meeting around the room. There was excitement from some of the newbies like myself, some of the experienced Ironmen looking calm, cool and collected -- like it was just another day at the office, and then there was also some fear. I think it expressed itself in interesting ways...but I think at the root, it was fear. And that's understandable.

I am, also, a little fearful. But I think I'm going to attack that with energy, fervor, excitement, hard work, diligence, exuberance, perseverance and an enormous amount of enthusiasm!

Feel free to join in, borrow and/or contribute to the cause at any point!!!

WOO HOO!!!

Ready.......GO!

3 comments:

MikeW said...

"energy, fervor, excitement, hard work, diligence, exuberance, perseverance and an enormous amount of enthusiasm!"
i didnt know someone could do attack with all these at the same time.
be careful... you might get a side stitch or somthing..

erin said...

if anyone can do it, it's D!

TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

It's going to be a fun six months as long as you're around making everyone else feel like a slacker :-)