Monday, October 13, 2008

And so it begins...

Today is a school holiday, so the boys are at home and have some friends over. The land line rings, I don't recognize the number, but it is local -- so I answer it.

Me: Hello, Dionn Schaffner
Her: Hi, Mrs. Schaffner....um...(giggles in the background)....uh...can we talk to Shay?
Me: (Surprised) Oh, Shay...uh....who is this?
Her: It's Jenna and Connelly
(2nd grade classmates of Shay's)
Me: Hi girls! Just one second...... SHAY -- PHONE FOR YOU
......
Shay: who is it Mom?
Me: Girls?
Shay: (blushing) nuh uh...who is it really?
Me: I'm serious...its Jenna!
Shay: oh my gosh, ok......(takes the phone)...Hi Jenna S.
...uh huh...
...yea....
....just hanging out...Cameron and Jack are here...we are playing the Wii...
...uh huh...
...ok...hang on..
(to me) Mom, they want to know if I can come over?
Me: (Dear lord...someone save me now) We'll have to make a plan for another day since you already have company.
Shay: (bummed)ok.....(on the phone) ..I can't today, I have company...
...yea....
...ok...
...bye...
(hangs up phone)
Cameron: Who were you talking to on the phone Shay?
Shay: Jenna S. and Connelly
Cameron: Why are they calling you?
Shay: Cause they wanted me to come over.
Cameron: To her house?
Shay: yea..
Cameron: OOOOhhhhhh....cool!
Shay: yea.

They are 8. EIGHT!!!! omg. I'm not ready for this. Not. Ready.

2 comments:

Shorey said...

You better watch those girls...kids these days don't think...uh...that SOME STUFF...umm, how do I say.. they don't think some stuff counts as SEX. You better keep an eye on them at all times!!!! BUT, I'm sure you have taught Shay well.

Lulu said...

Oh man. And so it begins indeed.....