Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Awesome workout day!

It was nice to get back into the swing of the workout schedule following the hoopla of VEGAS from thursday to sunday. (Details to come when the pictures are sensored....um..yeah....)

Anyway, I had a GREAT swim in Logan and Ben's lane. And even though the water was chilly at first, I jumped in and got my swim on. I even got a thumbs up from Coach Mo for good body position and hand shadowing. It was funny because as I was swimming the length up to the side where he was standing I kept thinking, Hey -- I think I'm doing it right! And lo and behold, I WAS! YAY!

Then at track practice we partnered/grouped up to do Fartlek's around the trail. 2 minutes easy, 1 minute hard, 2 minutes easy, 2 minutes hard, 2 minutes easy 3 minutes hard...you get the idea...up to 5 minutes hard then back down again. I ended up with Suzanne and Maggie Caldwell (who I finally had the extreme pleasure of actually meeting in person!). I was thinking, holy shit, I hope I had enough to eat this afternoon -- because I'm going to need it to keep up! And lo and behold, I KEPT UP! YAY!!

The run felt good..although I was trying on a new pair of shoes..and I'm feeling a little bit of shin pain now...I'm going to switch my inserts to the new pair and see if that helps....I really, really, REALLY don't want to have sore feet/legs again. Cuz that really, really, really sucked!

3300 yards swimming and 5.5 miles of quality running. I'll take it!!

Now of to bed to prepare for the big birthday bash for Shay tomorrow! So many, many things to do! YIKES!

No comments: