Wednesday, June 11, 2008

I Don't BELIEVE IT!!

I am SO EXCITED!!

Yesterday, E and I were discussing the travails of not being in the City of Austin and the affects on library card issuance. This led us to talking about our favorite books when we were children. We reminisced about Nancy Drew and some other stand bys when the conversation turned to this:

D: There's this other series of books that I SO wish I could find, I've been thinking about it off and on for years, but I don't remember the name or the author, but I can picture the cover art so vividly!

E: Really?

D: Yea, it was this science fiction trilogy.....

E: What was it about?

D: (staring off, thinking about the picture on the front, was about to speak when.....)

E: Was it about Tripods?

D: YES!! OMG!! YES, YES, YES, YES!!! How did you know? OMG!!!!!!!

E: And there was a city?

D: YES! That had to swim under a dome to get in?

E: YES! And the tripods were really tall?

D: YES! and they had a round light on the front!! (I mean seriously of all the juvenile trilogy books ever made, how could she have known exactly what I was thinking of? Talk about Karma.)

We continued back and forth recalling as many details as we could, but the title and author continued to elude us....until...

This morning I get an excited message from E, "I Figured it out!!! It's the Tripods Trilogy by John Christopher!"

YES, YES, YES!! That's it!


I am SO EXCITED!!! I'm ordering the boxed set from Amazon today. I can't wait to re-read these with Shay!!!!!!!

BONUS! I just read that there was a prequel written after it!!! I can't wait to read that too!

3 comments:

Erin said...

TRIPODS!!!!

That was one of the craziest moments ever... channeling our inner tripod longing. Think we made a big enough scene?!

I can't wait, I can't wait!!!!!

MikeW said...

Iisn't it more of a "small world" theory, than Karma? Karma's about what you do to people comes back to you. How does that fit here?

Or, the silly answer:
what does my dog have to do with all this?

Dionn said...

yes..my bad..Small World..not Karma..

although Karma is fun to play with...