Tuesday, May 6, 2008

No...

I don't find it "refreshing" or "invigorating" or "rejuvenating".

I find it "bracing" and just plain ol' "take my breath away, cold!"

Why O WHY did I let Erin convince me to swim in Barton Springs today?

I know I need to get acclimated to cold water as the freakin' debacle otherwise known as CapTex is right around the corner..

But that doesn't mean I have to like it.

I didn't really need a swim workout on top of my quality run today, but I know I needed to get my head straight around the frigid temps. So I agreed to get in and swim for a couple of laps.

Yes, I wore my wetsuit. (I will for CapTex..and as Mark likes to say, practice as you Tri!) It was still cold.

Yes, I breathed every left stroke. It was all I could do to keep my heartrate under control between the temps and all the floating icky things above the water and the swimming icky things below the water.

Yes, I felt like my wetsuit was strangling me at times. But I kept on swimming...knowing all of this stupid shit is in my head.

I have issues. I know. I'm owning it. Working on it. Bear with me. Sigh.

I seriously don't know how you people do it. More power to you, I say.

1 comment:

FeMags said...

I'm a baby when it comes to BS, even in the summer, with a wetsuit.
way to go tho!