Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Mr. Mischievous

So, I'm chilling out at home with the little man getting ready for the day and he asks, "Mommy, can I have a lollipop?" (We have those little dum-dum suckers).

It's 9:30 in the morning. "No, Devon, you may not have candy this early in the day. But if you'd like a snack, you may have some yogurt or graham crackers, which do you choose?"

Fit gets thrown. The boy is high drama. I have no idea where he gets that from.

Finally says, "Ok, I have yogurt." He marches off to the garage refrigerator where I keep the drinkable yogurts on a low shelf that he can reach.

"Ok, mommy's going to take a shower while you have a snack, ok?"

"Ok, mommy." He settles into a Nick Jr. show and his yogurt. Or so I thought.

I finish my shower and come back into the living room to find this:

A plastic champagne flute and... a lollipop!

"DEVON!"

He just smiles up at me..tongue all green.

And then I'm thinking...wait...how the heck did he get that. The lollipops are on TOP of the REFRIGERATOR!

I go into the kitchen and find this:

Little stinker. I guess I need to find a new spot to put treats. Hmpf.


4 comments:

Shorey said...

Yes, you do! It's still very cute how they figure that stuff out. We missed you tonight. We had a cake and everything for your b-day!

MikeW said...

I woulda kicked the crap out of...naah...i wouldn't.

Kris said...

Kids are resourceful and fearless. Wish we took more of that into our adult lives! :)

Lulu said...

Little stinker!! We need to get all the boys together again (but with Devon too this time) so Coop will stop asking if they are coming to the H&B with us :)