Friday, June 29, 2007

Pop!

Well...it's over. My first Pub Run. And wow, was it fun....and educational!

I finally got to put faces to names and meet the crazy characters I've been hearing so much about.

I learned that it is probably a good idea to eat at some point during the evening (big thanks to Shorey's half grilled cheese sandwich, Kris' chicken nachos and Panther's french fries). Otherwise today could've been a lot worse I think.

I got to represent the minority contigent with JJ as we discussed our master plan towards the browning of America.

I learned that it's probably a good idea to use the potty before you leave for the next pub so you don't have to spend the next few minutes running and kegeling. I'm all for multi-tasking, but not so much in this particular instance.


I got a postcard at a bar, but then someone took it -- so I'm not sure if that really happened or not.

I got to meet some more of my age group competitors, Laurie. (She looks fast...I'd better giddyup in my training.....)


I saw a square quad! Seriously...have you seen JJ's legs?

And I learned that yes, I can still do cartwheels through downtown Austin...

All in all, it was a blast. Thanks to everyone who ran, guided, cajoled, pounded, cartwheeled, schemed, wrestled and drank with me last night. I'm looking forward to next month's run.

8 comments:

Shorey said...

I forgot about the cartwheels! Man, that was fun.

Kris said...

Damn, you know how to have a good time, Kegel! :)

P.S. - The postcard thing really did happen.

Missychel said...

dang......I missed cartwheels? Where was I? prolly at the bar thumping LuLu's boobs.

yes....a great time indeed!!!

Missychel said...

Oh....and BTW, I disagree with JJ on me NOT being brown. I spent the first 30 years of my life as a PEREZ. It's to the bone baby...the brown is to the bone.

Lulu said...

It was great getting to know you a little better Thursday night! I am glad you came out!

Erin said...

Kegel. Haha...

Jane said...

Yay for pub runs!

Panther said...

Kegel.